What Is Pubmission?
We're a new approach to the submissions process for publishers and authors.
- Sortable online submissions (Cut response times!)
- Editorial feedback on submissions
- Free submissions to our searchable database
- An on/off button for managing direct submissions
- Marketing & web services
Visit Pubmission.com to get out from under the slush pile!
Get Monthly UpdatesLatest publishing news, tips on submissions, special offers, and more!
- Online Book Marketing That Works: An Interview with Matt Frazier, the No Meat Athlete
- Calls for Submissions: Week of February 24, 2013
- Calls for Submissions: Week of February 17, 2013
- Penguin to Book Designer: Do a Bad Job
- Beta Books! How The Pragmatic Bookshelf Is Rethinking the Author-Reader Relationship
- Marketing a Memoir: An Interview with Sugarhouse Author Matthew Batt
- Pubmission Creative Launches Website for Author Matthew Batt
Author Archives: Wolf Hoelscher
If a literary agent charges fees of any kind, writers are told to avoid them like the plague. But is the standard 15% cut any better for the writer? Continue reading
I think it’s valuable, and rather self-enlightening, to take a step back from our writing occasionally and examine how our characters handle confrontation. Continue reading
Pubmission is very happy to welcome independent press Winter Goose Publishing to its online writing submissions hub. Continue reading
A WordPress SEO plugin can save authors and publishers valuable time and greatly improve traffic to their blogs. Continue reading
I’ve encountered a number of writer and publisher blogs and websites that completely neglect some very basic SEO. Here are 7 tips to help. Continue reading
Now that Pubmission has reached the two-year mark, I’m realizing that my devotion to the underdog is the driving force behind the site. Continue reading
Illustrator M. Wayne Miller talks about how book covers have changed in this age of e-books and self-publishing. Continue reading
It’s not easy for me to justify my fiction writing time. I know that writing a novel likely won’t keep the lights on or pay my kids’ college tuition. Continue reading
Keith Henning of Spore Press talks about his science fiction list and the challenges of starting a new publishing company. Continue reading
Daniel Diehl is the first Pubmission writer to receive two 4-star Editor Ratings on two different submissions. Continue reading
SporePress, a Pubmission publisher member has posted a call for submissions on the site today. They’re looking for stories with a biotech angle. Continue reading
Rather than applying a rote production process that doesn’t consider inevitable author variables, we incorporate those variables to present our authors with a more personalized and creative plan. Continue reading